· Describe the role of portal vein embolization and how it is currently utilized in the setting of metastatic colon cancer
· Understand adequate functional volume and delineate different methods of increasing a future liver remnant
· Identify the leading causes of drug-induced liver failure and recognize how these have changed over time
· Dueland, et al. “Survival Outcomes After Portal Vein Embolization and Liver Resection Compared With Liver Transplant for Patients With Extensive Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastases.” JAMA Surgery. 2021;156(6):550-557. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2021.0267
· Ghabril, et al. “Eight fold increase in the dietary supplement related liver failure leading to transplant waitlisting over the last quarter century in the US.” Liver Transplantation. 31 July 2021. https://doi.org/10.1002/lt.26246
Please visit behindtheknife.org to access our massive library of high-yield surgical education podcasts, videos and more.