Universal blunt cerebrovascular screening? Early renal replacement therapy? Artificial intelligence in emergency general surgery? This episode is PACKED with high-yield material.
To learn more about all the good things happening at EAST visit www.east.org.
1. Do not forget the platelets: The independent impact of red blood cell to platelet ratio on mortality in massively transfused trauma patients (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35313325/)
2. The 35-mm rule to guide pneumothorax management: Increases appropriate observation and decreases unnecessary chest tubes (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35125448/)
3. Timing of thromboprophylaxis in patients with blunt abdominal solid organ injuries undergoing nonoperative management (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33048907/)
4. Universal screening for blunt cerebrovascular injury (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33502144/)
5. A three-step support strategy for relatives of patients during in the intensive care unit: a cluster randomized trial (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35065008/)
6. Hypothermia versus Normothermia after Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34133859/)
7. Timing of Initiation of Renal-Replacement Therapy in Acute Kidney Injury (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32668114/)
8. Disparities in Spatial Access to Emergency Surgical Services in the US (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36239953/)
9. Validation of the AI-based Predictive Optimal Trees in Emergency Surgery Risk (POTTER) Calculator in Patients 65 Years and Older (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33378309/)
10. Accuracy of Risk Estimation for Surgeons Versus Risk Calculators in Emergency General Surgery (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35594615/)
Please visit https://behindtheknife.org to access other high-yield surgical education podcasts, videos and more.
If you liked this episode, check out other trauma episodes here: https://behindtheknife.org/podcast-category/trauma/