Join Drs. Urréchaga, Neeman, and Rattan from Ryder Trauma Center in Miami as they go through a real case trying to save a life and dominate the day.
- Reviewing thoracic outlet anatomy.
- Simplifying primary survey and immediate care for penetrating great vessel injuries.
- Discussing possible surgical approaches for various great vessel injuries, incisions, extensions, tips and tricks.
1) Feliciano DV, DuBose JJ. Cardiac, great vessel, and pulmonary injuries. In: Rasmussen TR, Tai NRM, eds. Rich’s Vascular Trauma. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2022: 171-198.
2) Karmy-Jones R, Namias N, Coimbra R, et al. Western Trauma Association critical decisions in trauma: penetrating chest trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014;77(6):994-1002.
3) Sperry JL, Moore EE, Coimbra R, et al. Western Trauma Association critical decisions in trauma: penetrating neck trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013;75(6):936-940.
4) Wall MJ, Ghanta RK, Mattox KL. Heart and thoracic vessels. In: Feliciano DV, Mattox K L, Moore EE, eds. Trauma. 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2021: 599- 628.
Please visit https://behindtheknife.org to access other high-yield surgical education podcasts, videos and more.
If you liked this episode, check out our Big T Trauma Series here: https://behindtheknife.org/podcast-series/big-t-trauma/