1. Listeners will identify that surgical education applies the same rigor as other areas of research.
2. Listeners will describe how observations within clinical practice and review of literature can lead to creation of a good research question.
3. Listeners will describe how research questions should align with theory and methodology, which then align with conclusions for a research project.
4. Listeners will identify that collaboration with colleagues with expertise in surgical education research, including education scientists, is important for successful completion of research with high rigor.
5. Listeners will recognize advantages and disadvantages to formal training in education research, including fellowship and master’s degree programs.
Please visit https://behindtheknife.org to access other high-yield surgical education podcasts, videos and more.
If you liked this episode, check out other Surgical Education videos here: https://behindtheknife.org/podcast-category/surgical-education/