*We apologize for some distracting background noise throughout the episode.*
Referenced Articles & Websites:
1. Wells, A. C., Kjellman, M., Harper, S. J., Forsman, M., & Hallbeck, M. S. (2019). Operating hurts: a study of EAES surgeons. Surgical endoscopy, 33, 933-940.
2. Davis, W. T., Fletcher, S. A., & Guillamondegui, O. D. (2014). Musculoskeletal occupational injury among surgeons: effects for patients, providers, and institutions. Journal of surgical research, 189(2), 207-212.
3. Wright, A.S. Ergonomic Injury and Surgery: The Hidden Epidemic. Harkins Symposium at The University of Washington. October 21, 2022. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1G1qGj4WaA
4. The Society of Surgical Ergonomics. https://www.societyofsurgicalergonomics.org/
5. OR Stretch. https://www.mayo.edu/research/labs/human-factors-engineering/or-stretch/or-stretch-videos
Please visit https://behindtheknife.org to access other high-yield surgical education podcasts, videos and more.
If you liked this episode, check out other MIS episodes here: https://behindtheknife.org/podcast-category/minimally-invasive/